Do you need to give your brand a boost online? Social media is a great tool to connect for your current and potential customers. So how do you create relevant interesting content to engage your followers.
- Be picky about what you share – Make sure what you are sharing is relevant to your brand and product offering. People follow your brand for information about the product or service that you offer, give them what they want.
- Use a social media management tool – We use a product called Hootsuite to manage our clients’ social media. This allows us to use one tool to manage multiple accounts in one place. We can schedule posts, monitor accounts and get stats. A very efficient product! There are, however quite a few other platforms that offer similar services should you not like Hootsuite.
- Post more images and videos – Social media posts get a lot more traction when you post images, graphics or videos as they make posts more visible or attractive. Just make sure your videos and images are of premium quality.
- Interact with your followers – Social media is two way communication tool, like a telephone. To many businesses market themselves as if they are doing it via a one way communication tool, like a newspaper advert. The more interaction your get the bigger the reach of your posts will be.
- Follow your opposition – See what your opposition posts about, are they successful? What do they post about? How do they react to feedback? Take positives & negatives and apply it to your own campaigns.
- Give people a reason to follow you – This can be done with promotions, competitions and generally good content. Be real, fun and honest when approaching social media. Don’t be intimidating, pushy or full of yourself.
- Use Hastags (correctly) – Hastags can be very effective on Twitter and Instagram in particular, but use the correct ones at the relevant times. Do your research and use the popular hashtags relevant to your campaign or brand.
- Get your entire team involved – Get up close and personal (within acceptable reason). Go behind the scenes and let your followers get to know you and your team. Social media is all about personality and this is a natural way of getting your followers to forming a personal connection with your brand. You can ad multiple admins on Facebook and create business Twitter profiles for each team member. They can then Tweet and interact with the company account.
- Measure & Analyze – Keep your finger on the pulse by regularly checking your stats. This is the main reason why online marketing can be so effective. Campaigns can be adjusted and tweaked according to the feedback you get from your stats. Your reach and interaction should be growing continuously.
- Don’t be afraid to pay – All major platforms now have paid promotions. You don’t have to spend a fortune to get a lot of bang for your buck. Spending even R10 can help your post reach 1000s of followers. Just make sure your ads are set up correctly and you promote the right type of posts.
Have you got any more great tips for effective social media marketing? Share them in the comments below!